18 December 2009

Summary for Y1S3

Overall this sem is quite hectic, though I’m only taking 3 subjects… Colour studies, Interactive Multimedia and Sun Zi Arts of War… Each week, I have to attend 2 lectures and 2 tutorials for CS and IMM… sien… Only one lecture for Sun Zi…


2 assignments and 4 exercises for CS... I think for this sem CS is better than last sem’s Conceptual Design as we can print out the stuff, instead of hand-drawn… Saves us a lot of time and we can re-do many times… Haha… Me, Tommy, Jayson and CNY co-operate with each other to get our exercises done… Hehe… Good co-operative yea… Thanks to Ms Liong for guiding me and lending me acrylic for the last assignment… Here are the assignments and exercises…


1st Assignment – Pointillism

The Seine at La Grande Jatte



2nd Assignment – Colour Association

Theme – Joyful (Anyhow write one)



1st Exercise

Properties of Colour



12 Hues of Colour Wheel



2nd Exercise

Colour Harmonies



3rd Exercise

Colour Vibration



4th Exercise

Colour Value







IMM is quite an interesting subject and requires us to learn Adobe Flash… Well at first it was quite easy but then it gets harder and harder for me as I can’t catch up… LOL… Especially actionscripts… It was fun though… There’s a lab test where we need to apply those things that we had already learnt in Flash… I didn’t manage to do the masking for the words… T.T I got 6 marks out of 10marks…


We are given 7 weeks to produce a movie website and our group had chosen Final Fantasy Advent Children… Actually, I really wanted to do POTC coz I’m really a big fan of POTC… sigh… Submitted our proposal on the second week and started to develop the website on third week… Faced quite a lot of problems and almost every week, we have to consult Ms Jass…


I must say the loading page is quite nice which is done by Maw Sheng… The homepage is different from the proposal and it is much better than the proposed one… Initially, I’ve done the layout for the synopsis page but Ms Jass does not like the idea of using Cloud’s phone as the medium for synopsis… So we’ve changed to another layout with some actionscripts…











The character page is quite cool but I prefer the first one done by CNY… Gallery page done by Venz using the hexagon elements in Advent Children and this is the only page which was done exactly like what we had proposed in the first proposal… Elisha did the trailer page and I like the final one instead of the film strip… Hehe…











Woo Hoo… Games… I was very happy when I managed to do the very first game but it end up unusable as it is a actionscript 2.0 game… Sigh… Second game, I was smart enough to just change the objects to my own without touching any actionscripts… What a let down, it cannot be linked as there are too many external actionscripts… In the end, I did 2 mini simple kiddy games with internal actionscripts… Haha… Better than nothing…







Lastly, the exit page is the reverse of loading page… Appreciate my group members; they did their very well in this project… Haha… I think I did the least for this website… Paiseh… Thanks to Ms Jass’s guidance as well… During our presentation, I’ve seen many interesting website and some are very cute… Some very pro and even better than the original website… GOOD JOB!!!


No comment for Sun Zi, seen the lecturer for 4 times… Don’t even know much about Sun Zi and finished the assignment in 1 day… XD


1 month HOLIDAY FOR ME… YAY!!!

No comments: