I always wanted to get this off my chest. As I grew up, I realized and started thinking back to my secondary school days. I think I had a 'pick me' friend during my secondary school days. I'm not sure if she even considered me a friend. In current day, she would be referred to as a 'green tea bitch'. Let's call this person Pam. I got to know Pam through a classmate in Secondary 1. Let's refer to this classmate as Sarah. So Sarah and Pam were best friends and we would hang out together sometimes.
So Pam was someone who had a very 撒娇 and 嗲 way of speaking. I'm not sure if she spoke like this at home or only in school. I particularly think she liked to speak this way to the boys in school. I guess the boys liked it very much too. If I were to describe Pam's appearance, I would say she was not particularly attractive in my opinion, so perhaps she used this kind of personality and way of speaking to gain attention.
Looking back and thinking about what happened in Secondary 3, I experienced something with Pam that made me question whether she really saw me as a friend. One of my guy friends suddenly started acting annoyed, irritated, and even disgusted with me for no apparent reason. After a while, I asked him what was wrong. He then told me that Pam had said I had a crush on him and that was why he was treating me like that. I confronted Pam about it but she said she was just making up a story, like a make believe TV drama.
The second incident that happened involved a guy friend who had a rumour that he had a crush on me since Primary 6. Let's call him Sam. Sam was quite a good looking guy. I had a feeling that Pam liked Sam but I was not sure if Sam felt the same way about her. They did seem a bit 暧昧 with each other in school sometimes. So one day, Sam called me and asked why I told other people that I said he always makes girls fall in love with him. I was so confused. I told him that I had never ever said that. I asked him who told him this and he said it was Pam.
The second incident that happened involved a guy friend who had a rumour that he had a crush on me since Primary 6. Let's call him Sam. Sam was quite a good looking guy. I had a feeling that Pam liked Sam but I was not sure if Sam felt the same way about her. They did seem a bit 暧昧 with each other in school sometimes. So one day, Sam called me and asked why I told other people that I said he always makes girls fall in love with him. I was so confused. I told him that I had never ever said that. I asked him who told him this and he said it was Pam.
I then confronted Pam and she said, 'Oh, don't listen to him.' She was trying to wiggle her way out of it and brush it off. After some persuasion, she admitted that it was actually Sarah who said it but she told Sam that it was me who had said it. I really didn't think much about it back then. It was only after some time had passed, when I looked back on what happened, then I started to feel she was actually trying to sabotage me. But why though? Was it because she liked Sam and wanted to create misunderstandings between us? Or was there another reason behind what she did?
I was so naive back then. Even after secondary school, I still continued to treat her as a friend. Did she treat me as a friend or a foe?
No comments:
Post a Comment